Thursday, January 31, 2013

Individual Smells

The Fragrance of Love 

 

My sister's aroma matches her personality. When she walks into a room, it suddenly appears brighter and more energetic.She has a very bubbly but cozy and fresh personality, much like her perfume that she wears. One called "Gardenia Lily" by Bath and Body Works, it has the distinct floral fragrance of lilies and jasmine, which is compelling and tickles your nose yet subtle enough that it does not overwhelm you. Mixed with the floral flavor is the fresh odor of clean linens, which brings the cozy aspect to her smell. Altogether, the effect is warm, comfortable yet intriguing and pleasing to the nose. For me, the scent reminds me of someone I care about, and so I deem it the fragrance of love.


5 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds like a great scent!
    Do you think if you smelled that particular fragrance on someone else, it would have the same effect? I personally have found that certain scents on certain people make the scent even better (or worse) because it kind of accents their own personal scent.
    I love how you mix scent with sight when you said "it suddenly appears brighter and more energetic."
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would? I think it does have to do with her personality and the fact that I know my sister really well. Rather, on a quiet or shy person, I think it may have a more calming effect? Does that make sense?

      Delete
  2. That last sentence was, wow. Powerful haha. I liked it a lot. I really enjoyed how you described the scent, and how it affected your senses, it was very descriptive and well written. Noice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, especially after reading your essay about you and your sister. It's great that you guys are so close! I agree with Katie, I really like the sentence about your sister coming into the room, because I know people that totally have that effect.

    Like I said in my post on smells, I really like the idea of being able to "smell" certain feelings because of certain memories. I thought your idea of the smell of love was explained really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, E. This could go bigger, though. Just as with P&P essay, we could hear more about the scent as a way to know more about your sis.

    DW

    ReplyDelete